Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Xbox 360 - how to clear the cache to troubleshoot

I have been having some problems with my Xbox 360 playing Netflix movies.
I ended up calling Microsoft support to see what they had to say.
They had me delete the cache and this resolved my issue. I thought I would post the procedure of deleting your cache.
This doesn't delete any saved games or do anything harmful to your 360, this is equivalent of removing browser cache is what they said to me when we did it.
Go to system settings, memory, and then press Y to view devices. Once there, you will see format drive and another choice. At this screen, press the following buttons in this order:
x,x, left button, right button, x, x.
It will delete the cache for you after a few seconds and you should see some hard drive space is freed.
For me, it freed about 50 megs, but I am not a heavy gamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment